Public Evening Lectures
Public Evening Lectures are free and open to all. They are part of an SCI initiative led by the Membership Affairs Committee to reach members of the public and provide discourse on SCI-linked topics and relevant popular subjects. A new series of lectures will be announced for early 2014.
- 31 Oct, Prof Lord Krebs - Feeding the 9 billion
- 25 June, Prof David Nutt - Should chemistry dictate the drug laws? Watch the video
- 5 Feb, John Pickett - Plant metabolism exploited for sustainable food production by breeding, GM and companion cropping. Watch the video
- 23 Jan, Tom Crotty - Sustainability in Biofuels. Watch the video
- 20 Nov, David Torres - Meeting the Energy Challenge Through Innovation. Watch the video
- 10 Oct, Prof Julia King - The Future of Transport: Sustainable, Affordable and Effective. Watch the video
- 18 Sept, Dr John Emsley - 2050: Sustainable UK? Watch the video
- 16 May, Sir John Beddington - A Sustainable Future for Food and Farming. More
- 14 Dec, Thames Tideway Debate
- 17 Nov, Prof Subhash Anand - Nonwoven Fabrics in Healthcare and Medical Devices. More
- 20 Oct, Dame Sue Ion - When the Lights go out will we care about Carbon Emissions? More
- 22 Sept, The Redemption of the British Breakfast! Re-evaluating the importance of the role of saturated fats and cholesterol in the diet of healthy adults.
- 9 June, Lord Lawson of Blaby - Energy Policy and Global Warming.
- 14 April, Prof Sir Brian Hoskins - The Challenge of Climate Change. More
- 12 Dec, GM Foods: Genetic Manipulation or Global Malnutrition? Colin Tudge and Prof Jonathan Jones. More
- 18 Nov, Jerry Stone - Space Exploration: An alternative history.
- 21 Oct, Prof David Phillips - A Little Light Relief. More
- 6 Sept, Fred Pearce - Peoplequake: Mass Migration, Ageing Nations and the Coming Population Crash. More
- 15 Oct, Ben Goldacre - How to recognise bad science. More