The industrial use of bio-based plastics conference papers
30 Jan 2011
This event took place on 6 October 2011 at The Hilton Hotel Sheffield.
This event focussed on the industrial utilisation of biorenewable polymers. The event allowed key business people from the plastics and packaging industry, and scientists involved in bioplastics research and applications development, to gain an overview of bioplastic processing and properties, focusing on commercially available bioplastics such as Poly Lactic Acid (PLA) and Poly Hydroxy Alkanoate (PHA).
Available Conference Papers:
- Chair's Welcome
- Bio-based Plastics Feedstock, Markets and Policy, Michael Carus, nova-Institut GmbH, Germany
- Bio-Plastics A Unilever Perspective, Mike Butler, Unilever R&D
- Engineered Sustainability - Bioplastics for Advanced Applications, Graham Whitchurch, FKuR Kunststoff GmbH, Germany
- Infrared Drum IRD, David Bargery, Kreyenborg Group
- Innovation Today Biobased Plastics with Performance and Biodegradability, Peter Kelly, Mirel
- Latest Developments in masterbatches for bio-based & biodegradable plastics, Marcel Dartee,Polyone Sustainable Solutions
- The market for second generation PLA, Peter Reineck, Nuplas