The Chair and committee members of SCI's Lipids Group cordially invite members to their Annual General Meeting (AGM), which will be held as an online event. All members and guests are welcome to attend (only SCI members will be able to vote).
AGM documents will be available to view before the meeting from the secure member's area (you will need to login to the SCI website to view).
The AGM will be followed by webinar style presentations (in two sessions) from PhD students who are shortlisted for the Young Lipid Scientist Award. The winner of the award will be decided after all speakers have presented.
For PhD students interested in applying, please see our Young Lipids Scientist Award's page and flyer.
AGM – All members of SCI's Lipids Group and guests are welcome to attend (only SCI members will be able to vote).
Young Lipids Scientist Awards - PhD students (early career academic) involved in lipids related research and their supervisors plus anybody who might be interested in lipids related research.
- Investigating OMEGA-3 Fatty acids for the treatment of seizures in drug resistant epilepsy
Nada Abuknesha (London Metropolitan University)
- Lipid-Coated Nanobubbles for Ultrasound Mediated Drug Delivery
Damien Batchelor (University of Leeds)
- Analysing the distribution of cholesterol in brain using mass spectrometry imaging
Lauren Griffiths (Swansea University)
- Lunch break
- Packing at the nanoscale: Understanding the mechanical behaviour of lipid membranes under stress
Miguel Paez Perez (Imperial College)
- Dietary phytosterols impair oncogene signalling via modulation of membrane lipid properties
Chryso Soteriou (University of Leeds)
- The nature and properties of chloroplasts ex-vivo
Poramat Sucharit (University of Nottingham)
- Committee deliberation
- Announcement of the winner
- Lipids Group committee meeting (Committee members only)
Booking terms and conditions