Asphalt - what's around the corner?
24 March 2014
Asphalt - what's around the corner? took place at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham on 20 March and was jointly organised with the Nottingham Asphalt Research Consortium.
The day included presentations from representatives of highway authority clients, material suppliers and academics actively engaged in research and its application to give a wide perspective on both the opportunities and the challenges around the corner for the design, production, placing and maintenance of asphalt on the highway network.
Available Conference Papers
- Future development priorities for the asphalt industry, Nizar Ghazireh, LaFarge Tarmac
- Forever open road European research programme, Bob Collis, TRL
- Using radio frequency identification tags in asphalt, Donna James, Highways Agency
- Use of smartphone apps and truck sensor data for network assessment, Tony Parry, University of Nottingham
- Binder spectroscopy at traffic speed, Donald Burton, Highways Agency
- Vehicle-pavement interaction software, David Cebon, University of Cambridge
- Impact of climate change on deterioration and maintenance management of flexible pavements, Andrew Dawson, University of Nottingham
- Moisture-induced damage in asphalt, James Grenfell, University of Nottingham