SCI is a unique multidisciplinary forum where science meets business on independent, impartial ground.
SCI provides the opportunity for sharing information between sectors as diverse as food and agriculture, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and the chemical industry.
Established in 1881 as the Society of Chemical Industry, SCI is a registered charity today with members in over 70 countries. Its headquarters are in London, UK.
From inception, SCI's principal objective has been to further the application of chemistry and related sciences into industry for the public benefit.
To be where science meets business
- Unique, independent forum for innovation
- Multi-science and multi-disciplinary community
- Creating value for chemistry, related sciences and people
- Focussed on business sectors including Energy, Environment, Food, Health and Materials
Strategic Mission (Purpose)
- To foster innovation through networking and distributing knowledge
- To facilitate recruitment from universities to SMEs and multinationals
- To support members’ careers through training, development and employment opportunities
- To contribute to the public understanding of science
SCI is committed to facilitating knowledge exchange, networking and learning opportunities through its range of products and services including:
- Networking & Informing
- Policy & Strategy
- Skills - Recruitment & Training
- Promoting the application of science and industry