The Fine Chemicals Technical Interest Group is one of the largest Technical Interest Groups in SCI. Its wide ranging interests include medicinal chemistry and drug discovery in general, process and development chemistry, colour chemistry, flavour and fragrance chemistry, and general organic chemistry, especially new and important aspects of synthetic chemistry.
The Fine Chemicals Technical Interest Group aims to:
- Promote organic chemistry and its application to the fine chemicals industry and to SCI Members
- Organise high quality specialist symposia with internationally-renowned speakers around the world
- Organise high quality general overview meetings for students and organic chemists in academia and industry to refresh and improve their knowledge base and assist in their professional development
- Raise the profile of organic chemistry and the fine chemicals industry with the general public
- Facilitate links between organic chemists in industry and academia, and recent graduates and their peers in industry and academia through the Group's series of meetings.
Process Development Symposia
- Process Development Symposia take place annually. More
The Group offers the following award:
- Messel Travel Bursary. More
Subscribe to regular e-alerts from SCI. You can return to this page to change your preferences
Join SCI and get a range of benefits