SCI’s Horticulture Technical Interest Group aims to assist the transfer of horticultural science in its broadest sense into business practice. We do this by providing career support for professionals as well as a forum for discussion and sharing of information on issues relevant to the full range of horticulture-related industries, public authorities, academics and other interested parties. The Group brings together horticulturists and others working within the horticulture industry, in particular those concerned with the transfer of horticultural science into business practice.
- The Horticulture Group has now joined with other SCI Groups in the Agriculture, Horticulture and Food sectors to form an Agri-Food Hub
Read - or contribute to - the monthly newsletter
We will use this dedicated area to update you on conferences, local events and much more.
Facebook, Twitter and Linked In
The Group is well represented on social media with a Facebook group, a Twitter account with regular updates on our activities, and a Linked In group. Join us!
David Miller Travel Bursary Award
- The David Miller Travel Bursary Award aims to give two young plant scientists or horticulturists the opportunity of overseas travel in connection with their horticultural careers. More
The Horticulture Group has close ties with the following organisations:
- Horticulture Innovation Partnership
- Society of Biology
- UK Plant Science Federation
- Plant Talk
- The International Society for Horticultural Science
- Commercial Horticultural Association
- Grow Careers
- More details
The Group launched a new award in 2010:
Please contact email@example.com for further details
Crop Protection Monthly offer
Crop Protection Monthly is now being offered to all members of the BioResources and Horticulture groups at the special price of £175 + VAT per year, a 20% discount. Subscribers will also receive a copy of CropScene, once every three months. More
Subscribe to regular e-alerts from SCI. You can return to this page to change your preferences
Join SCI and get a range of benefits