Starting from £27,500 pro rata with benefits dependant on experience
1-Year Contract – Full or part time (4 or 5 days per week) office based.
The Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) is an international forum where science meets business. Established in 1881, SCI is a registered charity, based in London, with members in over 70 countries. SCI’s principal charitable objective is to advance the application of science into industry for public benefit, and it does this through events, publications, and other activities.
SCI seeks a full/part-time admin assistant to work within the Executive team as part of the charity’s governance function. Working within a small and friendly team, this role will support the governance and Exec PA’s, provide support to members of SMT, assist front of house with events and reception cover therefore the ability to multi task is key. The role also offers scope to assist with elements of support for the Chief Executive.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be flexible, proactive and have experience of working within a busy executive office. The ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines is important. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Experience of working in a professional or corporate environment is essential.
Knowledge and skills required for this role:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an executive/personal assistant, administrator, or receptionist.
- Some governance experience preferable but training will be given.
- Experience in organising committee meetings, taking minutes and following up on actions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to multitask.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with SharePoint, PowerPoint and with using MS Teams.
- Proactive and willing to act on own initiative both individually and as a member of a team.
- High aptitude for spelling and grammar, and accuracy in data entry and proof-reading.
- Personable, positive and a team player.
- Understanding of a charity or membership organisation desirable.
If you wish to apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience to Pauline Bannon at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2 June 2023.