£26,000 – £28,000 plus benefits
Initially 12 months fixed term with the potential for a permanent role.
The Society of Chemical Industry (SCI), a registered charity, is an international forum where science meets business. Established in 1881 SCI’s main charitable objective is to advance the application of science into industry for public benefit, which it fulfils via events, publications and other activities. Today, with members in over 70 countries and with over 900 companies and 300 academic institutions represented in our network, SCI facilitates open innovation, identifies and promotes emerging technologies in the areas of climate change and global health, and provides support for the next generation of scientists and engineers.
SCI is now looking to appoint a proactive Sales Executive to join the team. The role will sit within the Business Development team of the Society, working with members, colleagues and other organisations on a variety of projects extending across membership, venue hire, event sponsorship, and advertising. We are looking for an energetic, professional team player, with excellent communication skills and who associates with the objectives of SCI. This is a great opportunity to build experience and establish a network across industry and academia.
SCI operates via a small and friendly team based in Belgrave Square, London. Flexibility and willingness to work with the wider team to achieve SCI’s objectives is crucial. This role is normally office based at 14-15 Belgrave Square, London, but is currently home-based due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Knowledge and skills required for this role:
- Degree in STEM or equivalent work experience within a scientific organisation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an income generating role.
- Experience of managing projects or events to a specified deadline.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Happy to work with changing priorities to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills: phone, email and in person.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision or in a team.
- Able to be calm under pressure.
- Able to occasionally work outside of standard hours (time in lieu will be applied).
If you wish to apply, please send a CV and cover letter (maximum 2 sides of A4 each) outlining your skills, experience and how you are suited to this role.
Please send completed applications to Ryan McKiernan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line ‘Sales Executive – Application’.
Closing Date: 23:59 on Friday 7th May 2021.