We look forward to the presentation of an interesting and constructive new framework whereby practitioners working in the field of redevelopment and remediation of land affected by contamination can ensure they achieve the highest standards in all new projects.
- Meeting opened by Rob Davison, Chair
- Introduction - How Standardization Works
- Mike Smith - Overview of International Standards on Soil Sampling and Site Assessment. Introduction to the 18400-series including the overall structure (how the standards fit together) including the scope of the individual standards, and how they relate to BS10175 & BS8576 with a mention of the standards on 'soil & site assessment', eg BS ISO 15175 (soil & groundwater), 15176 (re-use of soil), 11O54 (hydrocarbons), 15800 (human health risk assessment) etc.
- Mike Smith - 18400-104 Sampling Strategies - an introduction to the structure and scope of the standard including the known gaps and taking into account ISO Working Group discussions in February.
- Lunch - can be sourced at a variety of providers close by
- Mike Ramsay - ISO 18400 - Issues and theories of statistical sampling etc
- Rob Davison - Wind-Up session on Sampling and messages for ISO drafting panel/BSI
- Meeting close, tea & coffee and networking session
Venue and Contact
- Delegates from Newcastle University: Free
- Students (from other Universities): £10
- SCI/BLRS members: £20
- Non Members: £40
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Booking terms and conditions
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
- Mike Smith - principal architect and author of the standard, SCI Environment Health and Safety Group Committee member
- Mike Ramsay - University of Reading
- Rob Davison - Reading Agricultural Consultants
Please register with Bill Baker to book your place:
E: Bill.email@example.com >
T: 07970 219108
Payment of fees can be made by electronic transfer directly to BLRS Bank Account (please use your surname as a reference when paying):
Barclays Business Centre, Huddersfield Branch, PO Box B71, 17 Market Place, Huddersfield HD1 2AB
Account number: 00987611 Sort code: 20 - 43 - 04