A three-day visit to various nurseries and gardens around Redruth, St Mawes and Mevagissey.
Please click here to download the event flyer.
Day 1 - 18 March 2016
- Burncoose Nurseries and Woodland Garden Burncoose is major supplier of plants to landscape gardeners, public parks and stately home
Day 2 - 19 March 2016
- Caerhays Castle Gardens An informal woodland garden known for magnificent collections of camellias, rhododendrons and oaks.
- Visit to Pinetum Park & Pine Lodge Gardens Pinetum Park is a testament to the dedication and enthusiasm of amateur horticulturists Ray and Shirley Clemo who travelled the world collecting seeds and plants to establish this remarkable Garden.
- Evening dinner at Tremarne Hotel with speaker to be confirmed.
Day 3 - 20 March 2016
- Visit to Lamorran House Garden Lamorran boasts over four-acres of sub-tropical paradise planted with an adventurous range of plants that flourish in its waterside location.
Venue and Contact
Delegates are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements. There is no overall fee but some of the sites visited make an entry charge.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Read our event booking terms and conditions
Accommodation: The weekend will be based around the Tremarne Hotel, Mevagissey where special rates have been obtained.
Meeting point on 18 March: Near Burncoose Nurseries. Exact location to be confirmed
Burncoose Nurseries: Gwennap, Redruth, Cornwall TR16 6BJ
Lamorran House Garden: Lamorran House, Upper Castle Rd, St Mawes , Cornwall , TR2 5BZ
Caerhays Castle Gardens: Gorran, Saint Austell, Cornwall, PL26 6LY
Pinetum Park & Pine Lodge Gardens: Holmbush, St Austell, Cornwall,PL25 3RQ
Tremarne Hotel: Polkirt, Mevagissey, Cornwall, PL26 6UY