Professor Rachel O’ Reilly from Warwick University has been awarded the 2014 McBain medal for her pioneering research in novel polymeric nanoparticles, responsive materials and controlled self-assembly.
The 2015 McBain medal has been awarded to Professor Giuseppe Battaglia of University College, London, for his work in developing novel functional polymers for biomedical applications, design rules for self-assembly of soft-matter and the development of colloidal systems for drug delivery.
Both winners will be presented with their award at the McBain meeting on Tuesday 8 December at SCI in Belgrave Square, London.
- Registration and refreshments
- Welcome and introduction
- Plenary Dithiomaleimides and Monoaminomaleimides: New functional handles in polymer science Prof Rachel O'Reilly, University of Warwick, UK
- Refreshment break
- Microfluidic technologies for the bottom-up construction of artificial cells Dr Oscar Ces, Imperial College London, UK
- Polymerisation-induced self-assembly Prof Steve Armes, University of Sheffield, UK
- From the Pacific RIM to PISA: phase transitions initiated by polymerisation Prof Anthony Ryan, University of Sheffield, UK
- Supracolloidal chemical engineering: catalytic swimmers and shakers & fibers made from emulsion droplets Prof Stefan Bon, University of Warwick, UK
- Refreshment break
- Plenary Somanautics Prof Giuseppe Battaglia, University College London, UK
Venue and Contact
Early Bird fee - before 23 October 2015
GB£75 . . . . . . . . . SCI/RSC Member
Standard fee - from 23 October 2015
GB£55. . . . . . . . . .SCI/RSC Student Member
GB£50. . . . . . . . . .SCI/RSC Subsidised Member*
GB£95 . . . . . . . . . Non Member
GB£90. . . . . . . . . .SCI/RSC Member
GB£65. . . . . . . . . .SCI/RSC Student Member
GB£60. . . . . . . . . .SCI/RSC Subsidised Member*
GB£115. . . . . . . . .Non Member
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Booking terms and conditions
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
Alison Paul, University of Cardiff
Claire Pizzey, Diamond