This is an opportunity to talk with renowned specialists to discuss key issues in water testing and analysis. The day will feature presentations on some of the current key topics in water testing and provide opportunities for discussion.
- Registration and Coffee Morning Chair: Julie E Russell, PHE
- The Importance of Taking the Right Sample for the Management Process John Lindeman, Water Management Society
- Methods, Quality Assurance and Meaning for Microbiological Water Testing Simon Cole, Wessex Water
- The Value of UKAS Accreditation In Underpinning the Quality of Water Microbiological Tests John Abiss, UKAS
- Coffee Break
- ISO 11133 and Other Standards Melody Greenwood, Microtech Wessex
- Use of MALDI-TOF as a Rapid and Robust Microbiological Confirmation Technique for Water and Food Analysis K. Clive Thompson, SCI Environment, Health and Safety Group and ALcontrol Laboratories
- Partnership for the Future Julie Russell and Fabian Wahl, PHE and Sigma-Aldrich
- Detecting the Sources of Environmental Legionella Outbreaks - the Story of the Tortoise and the Hare! Jimmy Walker, PHE
- Reference Materials - an end user perspective Marilynne Harvey, PHE
- CRMs from the Manufacturer Perspective Jvo Siegrist, Sigma-Aldrich
- The Impact of Different Methods on Water Microbiology Results - As Seen from Proficiency Testing Results Nita Patel, PHE
Venue and Contact
The event is FREE of charge to registered attending participants, including a full lunch.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Booking terms and conditions
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
- Julie E Russell, PHE
- John Lindeman, Water Management Society
- Simon Cole, Wessex Water
- John Abbiss, UKAS
- Melody Greenwood, Microtech Wessex
- K. Clive Thompson, SCI Environment Health and Safety Group and ALcontrol Laboratories
- Jimmy Walker, PHE
- Marilyne Harvey, PHE
- Jvo Siergist, Sigma-Aldrich
- Nita Patel, PHE
Other partners include Sigma-Aldrich, Public Health England and the WMS, water management society.