Many chemists working in standard chemistry laboratories consider reaction optimisation techniques as reserved only for process development groups. The aim of this conference is to show that these techniques can be used regardless of scale and in the everyday lab environment.
A range of industrial and academic speakers who are experts in their chosen field, will highlight and explore state of the art tools for reaction design and optimisation across a broad spectrum of chemical space such as catalysis, kinetics and reaction design.
The plenary talk will be given by one of the UK's leading researchers in flow chemical synthesis and microreactor technology and will describe the huge diversity possible using these systems.
The conference is aimed at a broad spectrum of chemists working either in academia or the various sectors of the chemical industry. It is especially relevant for those who have an interest in learning processes used in scale up and to apply them in their day-to-day work.
- Registration and refreshments
- Welcome and introduction
- The implementation of innovative experimental design technologies on Trametinib Kate Llewellyn, GlaxoSmithKline
- selectAZyme biotransformation and scale-up Tom Moody, Almac
- Catalysis and kinetics David Fox, University of Warwick
- The power of PCA in the search for reaction understanding Jonathan Moseley, CatScI
- New trends in catalytic reductions Antonio Zanotti-Gerosa, Johnson Matthey
- Plenary Lecture Monitoring flow streams for multi-step transformations Ian Baxendale, University of Durham
- Close & wine
Venue and Contact
Earlybird fees - before 6 March 2013
GB£55 . . . . . . . . . .SCI Member
GB£30. . . . . . . . . . SCI Student
GB£40. . . . . . . . . . SCI Subsidised Member
GB£80 . . . . . . . . . .Non Member
Standard fees - after 6 March 2013
GB£65 . . . . . . . . . .SCI Member
GB£35 .. . . . . . . . . SCI Student
GB£50 . . . . . . . . . .SCI Subsidised Member
GB£95 . . . . . . . . . .Non Member
For booking terms and conditions click here.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Robert Wybrow, Peakdale Molecular
Tom Hayhow, GlaxoSmithKline
Patrick Delaney, GPE Scientific