This SCI member event is aimed at undergraduates and PhD students who are looking to build skills for their future career. SCI membership offers a host of opportunities to develop interpersonal, professional and technical competencies. This event will allow delegates to learn from the experience of others, and to take part in practical exercises and activities to strengthen their CV. There will be prizes during the day for 'top networker' and for the team who come up with the best idea in the workshop challenge.
- Registration and Coffee
- Welcome and review of College of Scholars activities
Prof Alan Heaton, Principal SCI College of Scholars and Chair of ECSSC
- Speed networking with lunch
- Careers at the academia/industry interface
Prof Joe Sweeney, ECSSC member and Professor at University of Huddersfield
- A career in chemistry related industry
Sharon Todd, SCI Executive Director
- SCI and me
Charles Perez-Storey, SCI Ambassador, ECSSC member and PhD student at University of Cambridge
- Questions and Discussion
- Tea and speed networking
- Workshop challenge - build your skills
Delegates will be put into teams to address common business challenges and to help them to build skills for their CV
- Presentations arising from workshop challenge
- How can SCI support you?
Karen Hobbs, SCI Membership Manager
- Prize ceremony and presentation of certificates to SCI Scholars
- Informal networking session with wine and snacks
- Meeting close
Venue and Contact
This free event is open to SCI members only. Places are limited so register soon to secure your place.
SCI non-members should contact Karen Hobbs if they wish to attend.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations