SCI's Electrochemistry Postgraduate Conference 2019 is a one day conference for postgraduate students around the United Kingdom to showcase their research and advancements in the field of electrochemistry. This event is free of charge where students can present their work in two modalities; either oral presentation or poster exhibition.
The four key benefits for postgraduate students who will be attending to the conference are as follows:
- Raise awareness of your research among the electrochemistry community
- Present your research in a friendly environment
- Receive feedback from appointed staff and peers
- Knowledge exchange and networking opportunities
- Polymers of intrinsic microporosity in electrochemistry
Prof Frank Marken, University of Bath
- Critical factors affecting biocathode development and bio-production from CO2 reduction in microbial electrosynthesis (MES)
Paniz Izadi, Newcastle University
- Electrodeposition of tin from deep eutectic solvents using pulse current
Xiaomeng Su, University of Strathclyde
- Development of a multifunctional electrochemical flow platform for high-throughput synthesis and optimisation of catalysts
Christiane Schotten, University of Leeds
- Lunch and poster session
- Design and realisation of ultrasonic reactor for maskless microfabrication
Prof Sudipta Roy, University of Strathclyde
- Application of bipolar electrochemistry for characterising the corrosion behaviour of ferritic stainless steels
Yiqing Zhou, University of Manchester
- Simultaneous azo-dye decolorization and electricity generation in air cathode microbial fuel cell coupled activated sludge process
Mohammad Khan, Newcastle University
- Refreshment break and poster session
- Hierarchical porous-structure carbon derived from hollow fibres for binder-free electrode based supercapacitors
Xi Wang, University of Manchester
- Fundamental studies of poly(2,6-dimethyl-1,4-phenylene oxide) (PPO) based anion exchange membranes prepared via Friedel-Crafts reaction and followed by quaternary amination
Zhiming Feng, Newcastle University
- Recycling CO2 to produce renewable fuels
Dr Shahid Rasul, Northumbria University
- Poster and oral presentation prizes
Venue and Contact
Attendance to this event of free of charge.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up for membership to join this event. FREE membership options available.
For booking terms and conditions click here.
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
Call for Abstracts
PhD students and postdoctoral researchers are invited to submit their abstracts for an oral or poster presentation to email@example.com by Friday 17 May 2019.