Geocycle P/L is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cement Australia Holdings P/L and pre-treats waste raw material streams to produce supplies of solvent based fuel (SBF) to the Cement Australia Gladstone kiln and high viscosity fuel (HVF) to Cement Australia Railton Plant. The operation is designed to recover and re-use waste material, to improve sustainability, and to reduce unwanted discharge to the environment.
The main purpose of the event is to visit the Geocycle factory, learn about their processes and look over their operations.
- Start of tour
- 17:30 Optional
- Dinner (not paid for) at Beletti Restaurant Cafe Bar
Venue and Contact
Booking is essential. When registering, please indicate if you wish to book for the dinner afterwards.
Please contact Mr Adrian Thomas, Chemicalia P/L by COB Friday March 9th 2018.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
Booking terms and conditions
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
For general enquiries, please call:
SCI Communications Team
T: +44 (0) 20 7598 1579
Health, Safety & Environment Group of The Royal Australian Chemical Institute (Victorian branch)
Note the requirement for appropriate personal protective clothing.
The tour will take approximately 2 hours, and will include:
- Overview of Geocycle’s activities including outline of relationship with Cement Australia, processing capabilities and types of input streams handled and markets served
- Description of SBF sent to Cement Australia Gladstone kiln
- Description of HVF Sent to Cement Australia Railton plant
- Plant tour of Geocycle pre-treatment facility and laboratory