This annual one day meeting, now in its 20th year provides a unique opportunity for younger chemists to showcase their industrial research to an external audience. This meeting is of particular interest to industrial chemists who can discover what their contemporaries do in other branches of the industry, through offering a window into other areas of research. Prizes will be awarded for the best talk and two runners-up, as judged by the organising committee. In addition to the participants' lectures, a lecture from an experienced, high profile industrial figure will conclude the proceedings.
Who should attend?
This meeting is aimed at chemists working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or agrochemical sector and would provide them with a unique opportunity to discover what their contemporaries do in other branches of the industry. The meeting would also appeal to graduates and post-graduates with a background in organic chemistry.
- A novel chiral route to 3-aminocyclohexanols in the identification of ALK5 inhibitors for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertensio Sarah Lewis, Novartis.
- The central role of pKa in drug discovery Harry Mackenzie, UCB
- Development of Novel ACCase herbicides Louisa Robinson, Syngenta
- Development of a scalable route towards a pain candidate Katherine Jones, Pfizer
- A new chemical era for medicinal chemistry: Are you ready for change? Matthew Campbell-Crawford, GSK
- Inhibitors of Plasmodium Falciparum calcium-Dependent Protein Kinase 1 (PfCDPK1), a novel target for the potential treatment of malaria Claire Wallace, MRCT
- Recent progress in the Scale-up of a drug candidate Andrew Gibb, Merck
- Discovery of Novel CRTh2 receptor antagonists for treatment of allergic diseases Claire Adcock, Novartis
- Plenary lecture - Synthesis of α-Fluorosulfone Herbicides Andrew Plant, Syngenta
- Wine reception and close
Venue and Contact
Booking terms and conditions
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
Exhibition and Sponsorship
An exhibition will take place alongside the conference for companies and related organisations who may wish to exhibit. Please email email@example.com for further information and prices. Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.