This meeting is of interest to industrial chemists who can discover what their contemporaries do in other branches of the industry, through offering a window into other areas of research, and is a superb opportunity for younger chemists to showcase their industrial research to an external audience.
This meeting is aimed at chemists working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or agrochemical sector and would provide them with a unique opportunity to discover what their contemporaries do in other branches of the industry. The meeting would also appeal to graduates and post-graduates with a background in organic chemistry.
- Registration and refreshments
- A new two-step cyanomethylation protocol
Peter Lindsay-Scott, Eli Lilly, UK
- Discovery of the mGlu5 negative allosteric modulator (NAM) pre-clinical candidate HTL14242 utilising fragment- and structure-based drug discovery
Sarah Bucknell, Heptares, UK
- Refreshment break
- Hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry in drug discovery
Rebecca Rae, AstraZeneca, Sweden
- The development of I-BRD9, a cell active selective chemical probe for Bromodomain Containing Protein 9
Natalie Theodoulou, GlaxoSmithKline, UK
- Shining light on side reactions in biorthogonal chemistry
Sam Stewart, GlaxoSmithKline, UK
- The science and safety of chemical production with diazonium salts
Matthew Hughes, Syngenta, UK
- Refreshment break
- Novel routes towards partially saturated heterocycles
Tom Moss, AstraZeneca, UK
- Development of sub-micromolar inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1 identified through high-throughput screening
Daniel Mould, Cancer Research UK, UK
- Plenary Lecture: The European Lead Factory - development of new methodologies for the synthesis of novel, sp3-rich libraries for drug discovery
Geraint Jones, Sygnature, UK
- Prize giving
Venue and Contact
This event is free to attend.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
For booking terms and conditions click here.