This meeting is of interest to industrial chemists to discover what their contemporaries are working on in other companies and other areas of research but also for academic chemists who want to find out the different challenges and focus that working in an industrial setting offers. It also presents a superb opportunity for younger chemists to showcase their industrial research to an external audience. Prizes will be awarded for the best talk and runners-up. In addition, a lecture from a leading industrial chemist will conclude the proceedings.
Day 1 - 10 November 2016
- Registration and refreshments
- Optimisation of a series of potent and selective GR antagonists Benoit Gourdet, Sygnature Discovery
- Fluorocompounds in cement - ‘bringing science to the sell’ Sheryl Johnson, Mexichem
- Refreshment break
- Synthetic approaches to a [1.1.1] bicyclopentane and its incorporation into darapladib as a phenyl bioisostere Nicholas Measom, GlaxoSmithKline
- The development of novel smoothened inhibitors with improved aqueous solubility and potential use as orally or topically administered anti-cancer agents Louise Sargent, RedX Oncology
- Studies towards palladium sp3 C-H activation of tetraalkyl piperazine-based scaffolds Thomas Alanine, AstraZeneca
- Tentoxin: exploring small cyclic peptides as herbicides Elizabeth Frye, Syngenta
- Osimertinib mesylate: process development and scale-up of an API on the critical path Shaun Hughes, AstraZeneca
- Refreshment break
- N-Functionalisation of tertiary amines powered by visible light Joshua Barham, GlaxoSmithKline
- Plenary talk: discovery and characterisation of potent and selective inhibitors of ATR kinase as anti-cancer agents Joanne Pinder, Vertex
- Prize giving followed by wine reception
Venue and Contact
This event is free to attend.
Become an SCI Member and save on this and future events
See Membership Options
Sign up as an Event Member to join this event. SCI Full or Student Members receive discounts on event registrations
For booking terms and conditions click here.
SCI Members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
This meeting is aimed at chemists working in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or agrochemical sector and would provide them with a unique opportunity to discover what their contemporaries do in other branches of the industry. The meeting would also appeal to graduates and post-graduates with a background in organic chemistry.
Prizes will be awarded for the best talk and runners-up. In addition, a lecture from a leading industrial chemist will conclude the proceedings.
Kiri Stevens, SCI/Vertex, UK
Ian Strutt, SCI/Sygnature Discovery, UK
Gail Wrigley, SCI/AstraZeneca , UK
Rob Wybrow, SCI/Syngenta, UK