SCI’s continued focus and renewed sense of purpose is as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface of science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
2022 positions available:
- 7 Ordinary Members of the Board of Trustees
- 1 Chair of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 9 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Membership Committee (MC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Publications Committee (PC)
Board of Trustee Nominations
All nominees for Trustees must upload two completed Trustee Sponsor Forms in addition to their Nomination Form. Both sponsors need to be a fully paid up SCI Members in good standing, and one must be currently serving on BoT, FIAC, the Membership Committee (MC), the Publications Committee (PC) or the Careers Committee (CC) at the time of the nomination being submitted. Please note that e-Members are not eligible to stand for elected posts.
Nominations are now open and close at 09:00 (BST) on Tuesday 17 May 2022.
Nominations submitted after the deadline cannot be accepted. Please complete the Nomination Form and remember to upload all the relevant documents before this deadline. Completed Trustee Sponsor Forms must also be included in the Nomination Form by this date.
Nominations are now accepted by electronic submission only. There is no option to submit forms via post. The electronic nominations system allows you to register your nomination online quickly, with all required documents being available as you go through the process.
Please remember the DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED NOMINATIONS is 09:00 (BST) on Tuesday 17 May 2022.
- Governance Nominations
- SCI Nomination Procedures: Guidance Notes 2022
- Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- Trustee Skills and Competency Matrix
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - PDF
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - DOC
- Code of Ethics for Governance Structure
- Diversity Policy
- Terms of reference for the Finance and Investments Committee (FIAC)
- Terms of reference for Membership Committee (MC)
- Terms of reference for Publications Committee (PC)
- SCI's 141st AGM - Wednesday 6 July 2022