SCI’s continued focus and renewed sense of purpose is as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface of science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
2023 positions available:
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Board of Trustees
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Membership Committee (MC)
Board of Trustee Nominations
All nominees for Trustees must upload two completed Trustee Sponsor Forms in addition to their Nomination Form. Both sponsors need to be a fully paid up SCI Members in good standing, and one must be currently serving on BoT, FIAC, the Membership Committee (MC), the Publications Committee (PC) or the Careers Committee (CC) at the time of the nomination being submitted. Please note that e-Members are not eligible to stand for elected posts.
Nominations are now closed.
Nominations submitted after the deadline cannot be accepted. Please complete the Nomination Form and remember to upload all the relevant documents before this deadline. Completed Trustee Sponsor Forms must also be included in the Nomination Form by this date.
Nominations are now accepted by electronic submission only. There is no option to submit forms via post. The electronic nominations system allows you to register your nomination online quickly, with all required documents being available as you go through the process.
- Governance Nominations
- SCI Nomination Procedures: Guidance Notes 2023
- Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- Trustee Skills and Competency Matrix
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - PDF
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - DOC
- Code of Ethics for Governance Structure
- Diversity Policy
- Terms of reference for the Finance and Investments Committee (FIAC)
- Terms of reference for Membership Committee (MC)
- SCI's 142nd AGM - Wednesday 5 July 2023