15 March 2018
Venue: SCI, London, UK
Date: Friday 11 May 2018
Aimed at students and early career scientists working in agricultural and food science, this event offers fantastic opportunities for networking with both academics and industry professionals in the agri-food sector.
There will be two sessions of panel discussions, with talks from leaders in industry, academia, and science communication, with plenty of time for questions from attendees. Talks will cover aspects of speakers' careers, and offer advice on career development.
There will be an opportunity to display posters at the event – an excellent chance to showcase your research among industry and academic figures, and get some feedback from the speakers and organisers on the day.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Tim Benton, University of Leeds
- Dr Craig Duckham, CD R&D Consultancy Services
- Dr Bertrand Emond, Campden BRI
- Prof Lin Field, Rothamsted Research
- Dr Rhianna Jones, Institute of Food technologies (IFT)
- Dr Rebecca Nesbit, Nobel Media
- Dr Emma Weston, University of Nottingham
A variety of networking activities will take place throughout the day, culminating in a networking drinks reception.
- Agrisciences Early Career Forum - Book here now!
- SCI Events
- SCI's Agri-Food Hub