17 Oct 2014
The Macro Group Medals Meeting will celebrate the success of the 2013 Macro Group UK medal winners. The speaker list includes the winners of the Macro Group UK Medal, the Macro Group UK Young Researchers Medal and the Jon Weaver PhD Prize, plus supporting lectures from some of the UK's top researchers in polymer and soft matter science.
The 2013-14 award winners are:
- Professor Ezio Rizzardo, CSIRO, Australia (2014 Medal for Outstanding Achievement) - free radical polymerisation including the development of the RAFT process
- Professor Ulrich Steiner, University of Cambridge (2013 Macro Group UK Medal) - soft matter thin films and interfaces
- Dr Lorna Dougan, University of Leeds (2013 Young Researchers’ Medal) - single molecule manipulation and bimolecular assembly
- Dr Joseph Patterson, University of Warwick (2013 Jon Weaver PhD Prize) - imaging of self-assembled polymer nanostructures
The programme includes keynote presentations from Prof Steiner, Dr Dougan and Dr Patterson plus supporting lectures from some of the UK's top researchers in polymer and soft matter science. Please join us in congratulating the medal winners on their achievements, and in celebrating the success of UK polymer and soft matter science.
The full event programme can be found by clicking the link below to the event page, where you can also book your place to attend the December meeting.
- Macro Group Medals Meeting, 16 December 2014
- Macro Group UK