21 May 2020
The Salters’ Centenary Awards is an award scheme for chemists and chemical engineers starting their careers in industry.
The purpose of the Awards is to recognise and support individuals who are starting out in their career and who have the potential to make an outstanding long-term contribution to industries that use chemistry and chemical engineering.
The Awards will be an important part of the Institute’s programme of activities in support of its mission to promote the practical applications of chemistry at all levels. Award holders will be asked to participate in the Institute’s educational activities and events with other Salters’ Centenary and Graduate Award holders.
Up to 4 Awards, each of £2,500 will be made to candidates who:
- Should be working in the chemical or allied industries in the UK
- Have between 3-5 years in industry
- Have a degree in either chemistry or chemical engineering at Bachelors/Masters/Postgraduate level
Candidates should be nominated by an Industrial Site Manager, Head of Department or equivalent, with each nominator nominating one candidate only.
Candidates should complete the online nomination form which must be supported by a confidential reference, which pays special attention to the criteria listed below. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
The awards will be made by a panel of senior industrialists who will consider the following criteria:
- Evidence of commitment to an industrial career
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities facing industry and a vision of how they can contribute
- Ability to communicate their interest and enthusiasm to a wider audience
- Willingness and ability to take part in the Institute’s activities
Nominations open on Monday 15 June 2020. The closing date for nominations is Monday 20 July 2020 and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Thursday 17 September 2020 at Salters’ Hall. Please note interviews may take place remotely depending on the situation with the Covid-19 pandemic. Awards will be presented to successful candidates at the Institute Awards Ceremony on Friday 4 December 2020, to which their nominators will also be invited.
For further information on the Salters’ Centenary Awards, please visit the Salters’ Institute website here.
Any queries regarding the Centenary Awards, please contact Stephanie Mearns, Programme Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7628 5962.
- 2020 Salter Centenary Awards - link opens in a new window
- SCI Awards
- SCI Early Careers