Calling all scientific researchers in Scottish universities!
We are pleased to announce that applications for the Scotland Group Student Competition are now open and the application deadline is 26 October 2020 and time of 12 Noon.
SCI’s Scotland Regional Group is offering up to ten SCI student memberships to PhD and Masters degree students working in scientific research in Scottish Universities, to help with networking and professional development opportunities.Award Benefits:
- One year’s complimentary SCI membership (worth £25): which entitles the winners to:
- Savings of up to 75% on SCI conferences and events (compared with standard, full registration fee)
- Subscription to Chemistry & Industry (C&I) magazine
- Discounts on book and journal purchases
- Access to specialist technical groups for research discussions and networking
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships and travel bursaries to attend conferences
- Access to SCI's Mentoring Programme (subject to certain criteria. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more)
- Winners will be given opportunities to build their networks with academics and industrialists, and develop future skills to help with their onward careers
- The top three winning articles will also be published on www.soci.org and in C&I Magazine
To apply for one of these awards please complete the online form, by accessing the link below. Applicants will be asked to submit a 600-word article describing their research project and its relevance to the SCI strapline 'where science meets business'. Articles should be written in a format suitable for publication in a scientific news magazine read by scientifically literate members of the general public (such as New Scientist).