7 June 2017
Venue: Eli Lilly, Windlesham, UK
Date: Thursday 7 September 2017
SCI’s Young Chemists' Panel is pleased to present Epigenetics 2017, a one day symposium for both industrial and academic scientists in the fields of epigenetic chemical biology and drug discovery. The symposium will provide a platform for some of the leading names in epigenetics to present their research on the underpinning biology and discovery of novel therapeutic targets through to the development of chemical probes and small molecule inhibitors. The day will consist of a series of lectures from internationally recognised scientists, in both academia and industry, plus a poster session for discussion and networking.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Prof Jian Jin, Icahn School of Medicine (Mount Sinai), New York, USA
- Prof Chris Schofield FRS, University of Oxford, UK
- Prof Alessio Ciulli, University of Dundee, UK
- Dr Oleg Fedorov, Structural Genomics Consortium, UK
- Dr Phil Humphreys, GlaxoSmithKline, UK
- Dr Jon Winter, AstraZeneca, UK
- Prof John Spencer, University of Sussex, UK
The meeting will provide early stage career researchers with a fundamental understanding of epigenetics and how it relates to the frontiers of drug discovery. It is ideally suited to those studying for a postgraduate degree or working in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. Furthermore, there is still time submit an abstract for poster presentation. Interested applicants should send a maximum one page abstract including one figure or scheme to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Epigenetics 2017 - poster submission’ by Friday 28 July 2017. Prizes will be awarded for both academic and industrial posters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for career development, networking and discussion of the latest advances in the field of epigenetics. SCI members attending this meeting can claim CPD points.
- Epigenetics 2017 - Thursday 7 September 2017, book now!
- Early bird registration fees apply until Friday 28 July 2017
- Poster abstract deadline: Friday 28 July 2017
- Young Chemists’ Panel
- SCI Events