The Chair and committee members of SCI's Lipids Group cordially invite members to their Annual General Meeting (AGM), which will be held at the SCI HQ in London. All members and guests are welcome to attend (only SCI members will be able to vote).
The event will include presentations (in two sessions) from PhD students who are shortlisted for the Young Lipid Scientist Award. The winner of the award will be decided after all speakers have presented.
For PhD students interested in applying, please see our Young Lipids Scientist Award's page.
AGM – All members of SCI's Lipids Group and guests are welcome to attend (only SCI members will be able to vote).
Young Lipids Scientist Awards - PhD students (early career academic) involved in lipids related research and their supervisors plus anybody who might be interested in lipids related research.
Thursday 29 June 2023
- In-situ crystallised fat-based Pickering particles for oil-in-water emulsion stabilisation
Carolina Gomez (University of Birmingham)
- Pickering stabilisation of W/O emulsions by using only cocoa butter crystals
Elizabeth Tenorio-Garcia (University of Leeds)
- Impact of formulation composition on efficacy and properties of LNPs for delivery
Caitlin McMillan (University of Strathclyde)
- Lipids Group AGM
- Lunch break
- Fatty acid status of Sudanese Drug-resistant epileptic patients supplemented with OMEGA-3 fatty acids: implications for seizure control?
Nada Abuknesha (London Metropolitan University)
- The integrity and elasticity of highly asymmetric bacterial membranes challenged by multivalent cations and antimicrobial peptides
Xueying Guo (University of Bristol)
- Rapeseed oleosome emulsions improve intestinal lymphatic transport and systemic bioavailability of cannabidiol in rats
Liuhang Ji (University of Nottingham)
- Presentation - Bright SCIdea Competition
Bryony Parker, SCI
- Presentation of award
Venue and Contact
Booking terms and conditions