31 July 2017
Venue: SCI, London, UK
Date: Thursday 19 October 2017
Recent customer research by Transport Focus in regard to the UK's strategic road network has shown the 'quality of road surface' to be a clear priority for improvement to road users’. Furthermore, the properties and performance of the surface are evidently also critical in ensuring road users' safety.
This autumn, SCI’s Construction Materials Group is pleased to present a one-day conference, Road Maintenance for Safety, Durability and Efficiency. The conference will explore the issues arising in providing a surface that is safe, sustainable and durable in a manner that provides value for money over its whole life. It will also look at options for materials selection and the key aspects of construction, maintenance and operation to deliver good long term performance.
Topics and speakers for the day include:
- Asset management: cost and efficiency
- Herbert Micallef, TfL, UK
- Asset management: safety and sustainability
- Leigh Boswell, TfL, UK
- Lifecycle planning, optioneering and solutions
- Brian Johns, Connect Plus Services, UK
- Design: challenging convention
- Donna James, WSP, UK
- Materials: cost and efficiency
- Chris Marchesi, Aggregate Industries, UK
- Materials: safety and sustainability
- Tim Smith, Tarmac, UK
- Francois Chaignon, Colas, France
- Maintenance and operation
- Louise Caudwell, Highways England, UK
The event will be of direct relevance to commercial practice within the asphalt industry and of interest to anyone involved with the design, specification, production or laying of asphalt such as highway, airfield and port authorities, road and engineering consultants, asphalt suppliers and contractors.
Early bird fees apply before Thursday 7 September and SCI Members attending this meeting can claim CPD points.
- Road maintenance for safety, durability and efficiency, Thursday 19 October 2017 - book now!
- Early bird fees before Thursday 7 September
- SCI Construction Materials Group