13 Apr 2017
SCI is continuing to focus on our renewed sense of purpose, as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry-using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface between science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
The following positions are available:
- 3 Ordinary Members of the Board of Trustees
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee
- 4 Ordinary Members of the Members Committee
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Publications Committee
Board of Trustee Nominations
A new requirement has been introduced for 2017. All nominees for Trustee positions must provide a completed Trustee Nominator Form (SCI/UU262) with their completed Nomination Form (SCI/UU261). Both nominators need to be a fully paid up SCI Member in good standing, and one must be a Trustee at the time of the nomination being submitted.
Nominations are now open and will close at midnight on Friday 12 May. Please complete the Nomination Form and send it with a photograph of yourself to SCIAGM2017@soci.org before this deadline.
- SCI/UU259 SCI Election Guidelines
- SCI/UU260 Nomination Procedures
- SCI/UU261 Nomination Form
- SCI/UU262 Trustee Nominator Form
- SCI/TT206 Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- Declaration of Eligibility
- SCI/PP175 The Terms of Reference for the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- SCI AGM 2017 Call for Nominations