26 Feb 2016
The Scotland Regional Group is offering free SCI student membership* for up to twelve PhD students working in scientific research in Scottish universities.
This membership entitles you to, amongst other things:
- Savings of up to 75% on SCI conferences and events (compared to standard, full registration fee)
- Subscription to Chemistry and Industry (C&I) magazine
- Discounts on book and journal purchases
- Access to specialist technical groups for research discussions and networking
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships and travel bursaries to attend conferences
To apply for one of these awards please complete the form , by accessing the link below, and submit it together with a short (~600 word) article describing your PhD research project and its relevance to the SCI strapline 'where science meets business'. Please write in a format suitable for publication in a scientific news magazine read by scientifically literate members of the general public (such as New Scientist).
Winners will be introduced to senior academics and industry contacts working in Scotland and will be given opportunities to build their networks and develop future skills to help with their onward careers.
Please address any enquiries to Professor Russell Howe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*free SCI student membership for one year, after which time, standard student membership fees apply.