SCI is continuing to focus on our renewed sense of purpose; as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry-using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface of science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
2021 positions available:
- 6 Ordinary Members of the Board of Trustees
- 10 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 4 Ordinary Members of the Membership Sub Committee (MC)
- 2 Ordinary Members of the Publications Sub Committee (PC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Early Careers Sub Committee (ECC)
Board of Trustee Nominations
All nominees for Trustees must upload two completed Trustee Sponsor Forms in addition to their Nomination Form. Both sponsors need to be a fully paid up SCI Members in good standing, and one must be currently serving on BoT, FIAC, the Membership Committee (MC) or Publications Committee (PC) at the time of the nomination being submitted. Please note that e-Members are not eligible to stand for elected posts.
Nominations are now open and close at midday Monday 24 May 2021.
Nominations submitted after the deadline cannot be accepted. Please complete the Nomination Form and remember to upload all the relevant documents before this deadline. Completed Trustee Sponsor Forms must also be included in the Nomination Form by this date.
Electronic voting is now the default option for voting in the SCI election. The electronic voting system allows you to register your vote online quickly, with all the required documents being available to review as you go through the online voting process.
Please remember the DEADLINE DATE is midday on Monday 24 May 2021
- Governance Nominations
- SCI Nomination Procedures: Guidance Notes 2021
- Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- Trustee Skills and Competency Matrix
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - PDF
- Trustee Eligibility Declaration - DOC
- Code of Ethics for Governance Structure
- Diversity Policy
- Terms of reference for the Finance and Investments Committee (FIAC)
- Terms of reference for Membership Committee (MC)
- Terms of reference for Publications Committee (PC)
- Terms of reference for Early Careers Committee (ECC)
- SCI's 140th AGM - Wednesday 7 July 2021