11 Dec 2012
Uptake Across the Leaf Cuticle and Skin was held on 22 November 2012, at SCI Headquarters in London. Held in partnership with the Skin Forum, the event was the perfect opportunity to learn about barrier transport and the similarities between leaf cuticle and skin.
The meeting brought delegates up to date on the latest in component penetration across these barriers, uptake kinetics, approaches to manipulating uptake, uptake modelling, microscopy techniques for uptake investigation, using safer derivatives for skin use, and more.
- Uptake kinetics across the leaf cuticle, Prof Markus Riederer, Wuerzburg University
- Formulation approaches to manipulating leaf uptake, Dr David Stock, Syngenta
- Modelling approaches to foliar uptake, Dr Gordon Bell, Syngenta
- Predicting chemical uptake into skin, Prof Richard Guy, Bath University
- Formulating at the interface, Prof Jonathan Hadgraft, London School of Pharmacy
- Understanding the passage of molecules through human skin - a tissue engineered approach, Dr Felicity Rose, Nottingham University