Venue: Rothamsted Research, UK
Date: Tuesday 11 July 2017
For the last six years SCI has successfully presented SCI Young Researchers in Crop Sciences, bringing together early career scientists to make connections, enrich networks and discuss the latest developments in crop science. This year the event returns with an opportunity for scientists researching in biological, chemical, environment and related sciences to:
- Experience presenting to a multidisciplinary audience
- Raise research profiles, build networks, find ideas and inspiration
- Refine career skills (SCI members attending this event can claim CPD points)
Furthermore, if you are a PhD student or first post-doc there is still time to submit an abstract for presentation, before Friday 16 June 2017. Please e-mail a maximum of 300 words to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating title, authors and preference for presentation option:
- Oral paper (20mins)
- Poster (A0: 1189 mm x 841 mm, portrait)
- Poster plus Flash presentation (5 slides, 5 minutes)
Oral presentation slots are inevitably limited and will be allocated to achieve a balanced programme. Topics for presentations in any format may be results, reviews or plans and may have already been presented elsewhere. Prizes will be awarded, focusing on quality of science and clarity of communication.
In previous years, the wide range of disciplines involved has included agronomy, crop and plant physiology, environmental sciences, molecular biology, plant nutrition, soil science, crop protection, analytical chemistry, biofuels and biomaterials. This is a great opportunity to meet other researchers in related fields, exchange ideas, develop networks and refine career skills.
For more information, please contact:
T: +44 (0)20 7598 1561
- SCI Young Researchers in Crop Sciences 2017, Tuesday 11 July 2017, book now!
- Abstract deadline: Friday 16 June 2017
- SCI Agrisciences Group
- SCI Events