24 Oct 2014
The "Highlights in Medicinal Chemistry" conference took place at SCI in London on Tuesday 14th October.
This meeting showcased vignettes of modern medicinal chemistry to bring new thinking to the subject, challenge perceptions and encourage scientific interaction between researchers.
This event ran back to back with "Designing Safer Medicines" conference which took place the previous day.Available conference papers
- Datamining ChEMBL for new leads against new targets - Dr John Overington, European Molecular Biology Laboratory - European Bioinformatics Institute
- Squaramides: physical properties, synthesis & application in medicinal chemistry - Dr Ian Storer, Pfizer
- Fragment-based drug discovery for a protein-protein interaction target: from mM fragments to nM dual antagonist of XIAP and cIAP1 - Dr Emiliano Tamanini, Astex
- A tale of two MEK inhibitors – the difficulty of preclinical differentiation - Dr Henrik Möbitz, Novartis
- Matched triplicates in the optimisation of a novel series of glucokinase activators - Dr Mike Waring, AstraZeneca