15 Jun 2017
Venue: SCI, London, UK
Date: Thursday 28 September 2017
SCI’s Fine Chemicals Group is pleased to announce a one-day meeting to showcase cutting edge synthetic organic chemistry, New Synthetic Methods - Design and Application. The aim of the meeting is to highlight new synthetic approaches, disconnections and methods, and their application as developed by key researchers from both academia and industry. An exciting line up of leading academic and industrial scientists will present a series of lectures covering areas such as photochemical reactions, C-H activation and new catalytic methods.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Prof Matthias Beller, Liebniz-Institute for Catalysis, Germany
Be practical! sustainable homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis for efficient organic synthesis
- Dr Danica Rankic, Pfizer, USA
Applications of innovative synthesis in medicinal science
- Dr Stephen Thomas, University of Edinburgh, UK
Simplifying earth-abundant metal catalysis
- Prof Igor Larossa, University of Manchester, UK
Pd, Ag and Au in C-H activation: reactivity and selectivity control in the synthesis of biaryls
- Dr Daniele Leonori, University of Manchester, UK
Visible-light-mediated generation of nitrogen radicals: aminofunctionalisations and N-Arylations
- Dr Dan DiRocca, Merck, USA
Development of stereoselective P-O bond forming reactions for the synthesis of nucleotide pro-drugs
- Prof David Macmillan, Princeton University, USA
New photoredox reactions
This meeting will appeal to anyone interested in the latest developments in synthetic organic chemistry, both in industry and in academia. There is still time to register, with early bird rates applicable until Friday 1 September 2017. SCI Members can claim CPD points for attending the event.
- New Synthetic Methods - Design & Application - Thursday 28th September 2017, book now!
- Early bird fees apply before Friday 1 September 2017
- SCI Fine Chemicals Group
- SCI Events