13 Apr 2018
SCI is continuing to focus on our renewed sense of purpose, as a multi-science and multi-disciplinary society, serving the diverse sectors in the modern chemistry-using industry.
Our charitable objective is to work at the interface between science and industry, supporting and promoting innovation and industry for the benefit of society.
To achieve this, SCI needs the support and involvement of its active and dedicated members. If you feel you have relevant experience and a passion for promoting scientific innovation – and if you would be willing to help SCI build its future in the space where science meets business – please do consider standing for election. The Board of Trustees is keen to ensure diversity of representation across gender, race and age.
The following positions are available:
- 1 Chair of the Board of Trustees (BoT)
- 4 Ordinary Members of the Board of Trustees
- 5 Ordinary Members of the Finance and Investments Advisory Committee (FIAC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Membership Committee (MC)
- 1 Ordinary Member of the Publications Committee (PC)
Board of Trustee Nominations
A new requirement was introduced in 2017. All nominees for Trustees must provide two complete Trustee Sponsor Forms (SCI/VV269) in addition to the Nomination Form (SCI/VV268). Both sponsors need to be a fully paid up SCI Members in good standing, and one must be currently serving on BoT, FIAC, the Membership Committee (MC) or Publications Committee (PC) at the time of the nomination being submitted.
Nominations are now open and will close at midnight on Wednesday 30 May. Please complete the Nomination Form and send it with a photograph of yourself to SCIAGM2018@soci.org before this deadline. Completed Trustee Sponsor Forms must also be received by this date.
- SCI/VV271 SCI Election Guidance Notes
- SCI/VV266 SCI Nomination Procedure
- SCI/VV267 SCI Nomination Form
- SCI/VV268 SCI BoT Nomination Form
- SCI/VV269 SCI BoT Sponsors Form
- SCI/VV272 Role of the SCI Board of Trustees
- SCI/VV273 Trustee Eligibility Declaration
- SCI/VV274 Terms of reference for the Finance and Investments Committee (FIAC)
- SCI/VV275 Terms of reference for Membership Committee (MC)
- SCI/VV276 Terms of reference for Publications Committee (PC)
- AGM 2018 Nominations Flyer