17 Jun 2014
The Developments in Deep Fat Frying for Health and Quality conference took place on 5-6 June at University of Reading, Whiteknights Campus. This two day event featured 4 exhibitors and 4 sponsors who helped to attract just over 50 delegates. Also included in this event was the Lipids Group AGM and the presentations for the the first Young Lipid Scientist Award.
Please note the presentation papers for this conference are only available for event delegates to view. If you did not receive a password or have mislaid it, please contact email@example.com.
Available Conference Papers
- Emerging trends in process engineering research for healthier frying, Keshavan Niranjan, University of Reading, UK
- Kinetic modelling of the formation of acrylamide in French fries, Jane Parker, University of Reading, UK
- High stability frying oils for food service indrustries: Production and maintenance of quality, Bernd Brinkmann, Walter Rau AG, Germany
- Frying performance of HS-HO sunflower oil, Lucas Pan, Advanta, France/Parkash Kochhar, SPK Consultancy Services Ltd, UK
- Health and performance benefits of Omega-9 oils in frying applications, Richard Burrell, Dow Seeds, UK
- Rapid methods for monitoring frying oil degradation by FT-NIR, Dagmar Behmer, Bruker Optiks, Germany
- Balancing health with taste and stability in frying oil formulations, Rob Winwood, DSM Nutritional Products, UK
- Frying oil management for fast food sector for healthier fried products, John Carlyon, Klipspringer Ltd, UK
- Quality frying of nuts and exotic snacks, Bobby Kane, Heat and Control, UK