24 Sep 2013
SCI’s Lipids Group organised a conference: Physical Principles of Lipids in Food Products and Health.This conference brought together for the first time experts in fat crystallization and processing with researchers working on the biochemistry of polyphenols, phytosterols and plant stanols; and colloid scientists working on digestion.
Available Conference Papers:
- Kevin Smith, Fat Science Consultants, UK - Keynote - Good Fat, Bad Fat - How Bad IS Bad
- Prof Malcolm Povey, University of Leeds, UK - The physico-chemical basis of fat crystallization
- Prof Brent Murray, University of Leeds, UK - Keynote - Partition coefficients - what do we mean by lipid solubility and what it means for digestion
- Prof Michael Rappolt, University of Leeds, UK - Keynote - Lipid structuring and soft materials
- Kevin Smith, Fat Science Consultants, UK - Effect of minor components on fat crystallization