14 Dec 2012
In September 2012, the Board of Trustees held its annual planning day to review performance and agree draft strategic objectives for SCI over the next three-year period.
Our Vision is for SCI to be recognised by key influencers in industry, academia and government as a valuable source of multi-disciplinary knowledge and networking, encouraging innovation based on chemistry and related sciences for the benefit of society.
Our Purpose is for SCI to be an open, multi-disciplinary forum connecting scientists and business people in order to advance the application of chemistry and related sciences for the benefit of society
Our draft objectives for 2013-15 are to:
- Inform, influence and interact on issues where SCI has the knowledge and networks to add value to society
- Inspire and support a growing, active, multi-disciplinary community of members from business, academia and the public sector who will create networks, share knowledge and be ambassadors for SCI
- Strengthen SCI's reputation as a trusted source of multi-disciplinary knowledge for industry and academia
- Promote the benefits of the application of chemistry and related sciences to the government, industry, media and the public
- Enhance the value of our assets (financial, premises, people and IP) to improve the long-term sustainability of SCI
The strategic plan (below) was shared at the Members' Forum in November to seek feedback. We welcome views from all members; please send your comments to email@example.com
Executive Director, 2010-13