Venue: Manchester Central, Manchester
Date: Monday 10 - Wednesday 12 July 2017
This summer, after successful conferences held in 2011 and 2014, UK Colloids 2017 returns for the third time. It promises to provide the perfect opportunity for UK and international researchers interested in colloid and interface science to meet, present and discuss issues related to the current developments in this field. The conference is jointly organised by the RSC Colloid and Interface Science Group and the SCI Colloid and Surface Science Group and there is still time to submit a poster abstract, before Monday 12 June 2017 (please click here for further information).
Conference themes include:
- Foams/Bubbles/Emulsions and microemulsions
- Colloidal suspensions
- Programmable self-assembly
- Biocolloids and Biointerfaces
- Characterisation of Formulated Products
- Colloid Physics
- Formulation Science and Engineering
The conference includes a wide range of plenary, keynote and invited international speakers from both academia and industry. Plenary speakers include:
- Prof Debora Berti, University of Florence and Centre for Colloid and Surface Science, Italy
- Prof Vinny N Manoharan, Harvard University, USA
- Prof Paul Malvaney, University of Melbourne, Australia
In addition to this, the programme includes the Thomas Graham Lecture to be delivered by Prof Joe Keddie from the University of Surrey, UK. This lecture was established in 2011 to recognise those who have made a distinguished and sustained contribution to colloid and interface science.
UK Colloids 2017 promises to bring together a diverse range of scientists, covering many different aspects of colloid science, creating a fantastic opportunity to network and discuss the most recent advances in this field.
SCI members attending this meeting are able to claim CPD points.
- UK Colloids 2017 - Monday 10 - Wednesday 12 July 2017, book now!
- Poster abstract deadline: Monday 12 June 2017
- Thomas Graham Lecture
- Colloid and Surface Chemistry Group
- SCI Events