28 September 2012
This two-day technical training course entitled 'Advanced Ion Exchange for Industrial Water Treatment: Plant design and troubleshooting' ran simultaneously with an introductory version of the course.
The course concentrated on two main areas. The design and calculations required in sizing an ion exchange plant from first principals and also using the Dow and Purolite computer design programmes. This included workshop examples using different waters with both companies programmes. The second day focused on plant operation, performance monitoring and evaluation, advanced troubleshooting and performance recovery.
It was designed for previous attendees of the introductory course and those engineers etc. with a wider responsibility and a good basic understanding of their existing plant, with at least several years experience in ion exchange.
- Design considerations, Rob Terrell
- Design calculation by hand, Brian Windsor
- Design by computer programme, Marc Slagt
- Design by computer - workshops, Marc Slagt
- Design by computer - workshops, David Hayhurst
- Dow examples 1
- Dow examples 2
- Dow examples 3
- Dow examples 4
- Resin testing, John Greene
- Monitoring and performance, Rob Terrell
- Troubleshooting ion exchange plant problems, Brian Windsor
- Recovery of ion exchange resins from upsets, Brian Windsor